With less than a week to go until the November 6 election, the new results of the KCTS 9 Washington Poll indicate that the candidates for Washington State governor are still in a dead heat, the majority of voters are leaning towards approving Referendum 74 (same sex marriage) and Initiative 502 (legalizing marijuana), incumbent U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell maintains a strong lead over her opponent Michael Baumgartner, and President Obama’s lead over Mitt Romney in Washington state has more than doubled since our first poll.
Highlights from Wave 2 poll results:
Added: 11/01/12 Download Complete Nov. 1 Wave 2 Poll Results
Updated: 10/18/12 1:10 p.m. Download Complete Oct.18 Wave 1 Poll Results
Proponents and opponents of a measure to allow charter schools in Washington debate over the measure at the KCTS 9 Studios.
In the lead-up to The Choice 2012, FRONTLINE’s hotly anticipated dual biography of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, FRONTLINE is publishing “The Artifacts of Character,” a series of rarely seen objects that elucidate key moments and experiences in the candidates’ lives.
Check back each Monday and Thursday afternoon for the newest artifact from FRONTLINE. Learn More
A series of debates were held in the KCTS 9 studio in partnership with the League of Women Voters of Washington. Each debate was moderated by KCTS 9's Enrique Cerna and the League of Women Voters' Kim Abel. The debates were broadcast on the following dates:
- 1st/6th/10th Congressional Districts: Monday, October 22 at 1:00 p.m.
- I-1240 (Charter Schools): Monday, October 15 at 1:00 p.m.
- I-502 (Marijuana) and Secretary of State: Monday, October 1 at 1:00 p.m.
- R-74 (Same-Sex Marriage) and I-1185 (Taxes): Monday, September 24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Lieutenant Governor: Monday, September 17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Washington Secretary of State: Friday, July 27 at noon
- Washington Supreme Court: Thursday, July 26 at noon
- 1st Congressional District: Wednesday, July 25 at noon