Recipes/Sudanese Hot Spice Popcorn
- Popcorn Pairing
Cook's Note: Reel NW's perfect Popcorn Pairing for Rebuilding Hope is hot with spices and bright with lemon.
makes 2 quarts
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 shakes of hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
Place popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Drizzle the oil mixture over the popcorn a little at a time, stirring to coat evenly. Sprinkle all remaining ingredients over the popcorn and mix well.