Recipes/Rock Shrimp Ceviche
Presented by: Chef Tom Small, from Lobster Shop, Tacoma
- 3 ounces steamed rock shrimp
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cucumber slices, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon green onion curls (see video), or sliced green onion tops
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil canola blend
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
For dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until oil is fully incorporated. Transfer to storage container if not using immediately. Set aside and stir well before use. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
Chop steamed shrimp into bite-size pieces. Cut cucumber slices into bite-size quarters.
Combine shrimp, tomato halves, cucumbers, and 2 ounces dressing in a small bowl. Stir to combine. The ingredients should be well coated but not ‘sauce-y’.
Spoon ceviche into a cordial glass. Garnish with green onion curls. Serve glass in the middle of a small serving plate or serve a large number of glasses on a large platter.