Recipes/Lentil Confetti Salad
Presented by: Pam Amundsen of Federal Way
Cooking and eating outside this weekend? Colorful Lentil Confetti Salad is a healthy side that pairs well with grilled meats and is perfect for potlucks and picnics.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 6 or 8-ounce jar stuffed green olives, sliced
- seasoning such as pepper, fennel seeds, basil, tarragon and parsley to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice
Boil 2 cups of water with a dash of salt. Add lentils and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables.
Combine lentils, rice and vegetables in a large bowl.
Whisk vinegar, oil and lemon juice together and pour over salad. Add your choice of spices and mix well. Chill before serving.