Lemony Shrimp and Orzo
Presented By: Paula Nemzek for KCTS 9 Cooks
Cook's Note: This colorful spring dish is a quick and easy meal.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cook orzo according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add asparagus and red pepper. Drain orzo and vegetables; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
Meanwhile, as the orzo cooks, melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan and sauté 2 minutes or until heated through.
Add garlic to pan and cook quickly, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice, parsley and pepper; cook 1 minute until lemon is incorporated.
Add shrimp mixture to the pasta and toss together before serving.