Jalapeño Popper Dip
Presented by: Paula Nemzek, KCTS 9 Cooks
Chef's note: This dip or spread is an easy way to get the taste of those tasty but expensive jalapeño poppers.
- 2 8-ounce packages lite cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup lite mayonnaise (you may substitute sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 ounces canned diced jalapeño peppers, drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chilies and jalapeño peppers. Pour mixture into an oven-safe serving dish (a 10-inch square glass pan works nicely) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Serve with corn chips or baguette slices.
Note: Before baking, sprinkle bread crumbs on top for more of a crunch.