Recipes/Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Chutney
- 4 Bone-in thick cut pork chops
- 2-3 apples, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 scallions, sliced on bias
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper, or your favorite seasoning. Cook over medium-high heat on grill or sauté pan for approximately 4 minutes per side.
While chops are cooking, heat a large skillet on stove. Add butter. After butter has melted, but before it browns, add apples and sauté until the apples have some color.
Add sugar, salt, pepper, cider, and scallions, and continue to cook until mixture has thickened.
When chops are finished cooking, remove from heat and plate. Serve topped with apples.
Per Serving: 542 calories, 34g Fat (56% calories from fat), 24g Protein, 36g Carbohydrates, 129mg Cholesterol, 800mg Sodium, 2.75gm Dietary Fiber
- Use a small amount of canola or olive oil in pan to saute apples in place of butter. This will reduce caloric, fat, and cholesterol content and increase omega-3 content. Or substitute light margarine in place of butter to reduce caloric, fat, and cholesterol content.
- Decrease sugar to decrease caloric and carbohydrate content.
- Use thin cut, boneless pork chops.