Fresh Apple Cake
Presented by:Northey Camacho, Seattle Washington
Deserts for breakfast? Definitely, when it's a cake chock full of fresh apples. Perfect for after dinner, too.
- 4 cups peeled apples, in small dice (About 4 large apples; I used Honey Crisps.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil, or a canola-olive oil blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- confectioners' sugar for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Fold in the apples and nuts. The batter will be thick. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with a dusting of confectioners' sugar sprinkled over the top.