Presented by: Paula Nemzek for KCTS 9 Cooks
makes 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Soak cranberries in hot water for 10 minutes; drain. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In a large mixer bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add in eggs and vanilla extract; mix well to combine. Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour; mix well.
Fold in the oatmeal, cranberries, white chocolate chips and pecans, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the dough mixture.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten tops a bit with a fork and bake for 11 to 12 minutes, just until edges are lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.