Blue Walnut Broccoli
Presented by: Diane Skode, Port Moody
- 1 pound broccoli crowns
- 1/4 pound creamy blue cheese, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/3-1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, finely chopped
- black pepper to taste
- crumbled pancetta (optional)
Cut broccoli tops into florets. If you want to use the stems, peel them, and cut into thin strips. Cook covered in boiling salted water until just barely tender.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add garlic and walnuts; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Add the broccoli and black pepper to the butter walnut mixture. Toss until warmed.
Place broccoli and walnut mixture in a serving bowl, sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and finely chopped red pepper. Crumbled pancetta may also be sprinkled on top.