Bloody Mary Shrimp
Presented by: Chef Derrin Davis, from Zesta Cucina, Yakima
Ingredients for Shrimp
- 1 lb black tiger shrimp in shell, peeled and deveined (about 16-20)
- 1 1/2 cups celery, thinly sliced (about 3-4 ribs)
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced (about 6)
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vodka (preferably Absolut® Peppar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon bottles horseradish (not drained), or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water (2 tablespoons salt for 2 quarts water) to a boil. Add shrimp, then remove from heat and let stand in water until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cut shrimp into thirds and transfer to a large bowl with celery and scallions.
For sauce, whisk together all sauce ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
Just before serving, stir sauce into shrimp mixture. Spoon two shrimp pieces with vegetables and sauce into each soup spoon and arrange spoons on a platter.