Presented by: Jane Kim, Joy Garden Korean BBQ Restaurant
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of thinly sliced rib-eye steak
- 1/4 onion of your preference, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 kiwi, chopped
- 1/4 apple of your preference, chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce of your preference
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 cup of sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli, steamed
Combine sugar, caramel sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Next combine diced onion, garlic, kiwi, apple, soy sauce, and steak in a large bowl.
Pour the sugar mixture over the steak mixture and massage the marinade with your hands until the steak and vegetables are fully covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place the marinated steak and vegetables into a frying pan at mid-high temperature. When the steak is halfway cooked, add the cabbage, white onion, green onion, carrots, and broccoli. Fry the mixture until the steak reaches a light dark brown. Serve hot and enjoy.