Cascade Public Media (“CPM”) is a multi-platform public media organization that includes KCTS 9/KCTS9.org, Crosscut.com and What’s Good 206. Located in the heart of Seattle on the historic Seattle Center campus, CPM exists to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that inspires a smarter world.
Qualified candidates please apply here.
We are seeking Web Production interns for Summer 2017. This is a paid intern position, 10-15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in the Summer (July). Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500.00 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. CPM office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. CPM located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109 and online at http://www.kcts9.org
CPM is seeking a Web Production Intern to prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system and video channels. Interns may also support Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances CPM’s brand and expands CPM’s presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and on-demand videos.
Intern will gain hands-on web production experience including prepping text, video, and graphics for online publishing; using Drupal content management system; Web page formatting with HTML and CSS; and exposure to SEO best practices, content strategy, interaction design, and Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Publish timely content (pages, videos, images, text) to KCTS9.org
2. Publish video to the KCTS YouTube channel and PBS COVE platform
3. Work with Producers and Web publishing staff to publish content online and build web pages for stories and special projects
4. Assist in maintaining daily and weekly content publishing calendars
5. Log and prep DSLR video footage for editing
6. Compose additional online content as needed (such as videos, photos, text)
7. Complete projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor
To be eligible for a KCTS Internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position specific requirements):
1. Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
2. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible
3. Possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
4. Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
Cascade Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation