Cascade Public Media (“CPM”) is a multi-platform public media organization that includes KCTS 9/KCTS9.org, Crosscut.com and What’s Good 206. Located in the heart of Seattle on the historic Seattle Center campus, CPM exists to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that inspires a smarter world.
Qualified Candidates please apply here.
We are seeking one Promotion Team intern for Spring 2017. This is a paid internship, 15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in the Spring (April 2017). The Intern will receive a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500.00 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. CPM office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM. CPM located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109 and online at http://www.kcts9.org
CPM is seeking a student intern to support video production with the broadcast promotion team. This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience in developing and producing video campaigns that will be featured on-air and online. Student will work directly with media producers and gain valuable professional experience for potential career paths in the television/marketing/multimedia industry. The intern will assist with a variety of campaigns including but not limited to program promotion; pledge production; membership, image and underwriting spots
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with research to support campaign development
2. Assist producers on field shoots and in the studio.
3. Assist with pulling music from music libraries for promo use
4. Sit in on edit sessions as assigned and help log media
5. Assist with writing scripts and pledge breaks
6. Assist in uploading media for review and coordinating with social and web teams for KCTS9.org
7. Assist with graphics and animation for on-air spots
8. Assist with or develop projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor and should be relevant to the scope of the promotion team
9. Intern will have the opportunity to pitch and produce at least one video or campaign idea for possible distribution on KCTS9.org, or on social media
Student should have a keen interest in marketing, as well as writing and producing videos. Ideal for students pursuing a degree in Communications; Marketing; Video Production; or other relevant majors.
To be eligible for a CPM Internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position specific requirements):
1. Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
2. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible
3. Possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 for sophomores, juniors and seniors
4. Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
Cascade Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation