Cascade Public Media (“CPM”) is a multi-platform public media organization that includes KCTS 9/KCTS9.org, Crosscut.com and What’s Good 206. Located in the heart of Seattle on the historic Seattle Center campus, CPM exists to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that inspires a smarter world.
Qualified candidates please apply here.
We are seeking Digital Content Production interns for Summer 2017. These are paid intern positions, 15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in the Summer (July). Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500.00 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. CPM office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM. CPM located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109 and online at http://www.kcts9.org
CPM is seeking student interns to support digital content production. This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience working with media professionals and to gain valuable professional experience for potential career paths in the television/journalism/multimedia industry. Interns will primarily support digital multimedia content production on KCTS9.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Produce at least one story for KCTS9.org
2. Assist in video pre-production, field production and post-production (editing experience strongly desired)
3. Research various topics to support content production
4. Transcribe interviews and log footage
5. Assist in writing video scripts and web articles for KCTS9.org
6. Complete projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor
To be eligible for a CPM Internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position specific requirements):
1. Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
2. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible
3. Possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 for Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
4. Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
Cascade Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation