Fettuccine with Sambuca & Cranberries
Cook's Note: Sautéed chicken tossed with pasta, artichokes, and cranberries in a unique sauce.
serves 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sambuca (anise-flavored) liqueur
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 3-ounce package dried cranberries
- 1 pound fettuccine
- chopped fresh parsley and orange zest for garnish
In a large frying pan, heat butter and garlic. Slowly sauté the chicken until it is just barely cooked through. (It should be white in color, with almost no browning.) Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Add whipping cream, sambuca, and orange juice to the frying pan and stir well. Add Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper, stirring until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the artichokes, cranberries, and chicken; simmer and stir for 10 minutes. That's it for the sauce!
Prepare the fettuccine according to package directions. Carefully fold sauce into pasta and garnish with parsley and orange zest. Serve with garlic toast.