Recipes/Chicken Salad Sandwich
Presented by: Chef Sherry Jefferson, White House Café, Yakima WA
- 6 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup diced celery including celery leaves
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 leaves of fresh green leaf lettuce
- 16 slices of extra thick cut pilgrim bread from the Buhrmaster Baking Co.
Season chicken as desired and cook at 350°F for 40 minutes. Combine in medium mixing bowl: diced chicken breasts, celery, pineapple, almonds, and mayonnaise. Mix well. Chill for 1 hour. Serve on sandwich made with extra thick cut pilgrim bread or create a Chicken Salad on a bed of greens.