Apricot Chickpea Salad
Presented by: Christina Conrad of Seattle
This recipe makes an appearance in my kitchen just about each week! It's perfect as a lunch, on the go or an accessory to dinner. Last summer I made a huge batch while on a family cabin trip and everyone went crazy for it, even the kiddos!
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 Turkish apricots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small, 1/4 cup), sliced thin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
In a large bowl, combine beans, apricots, parsley and olives. Add vinaigrette to beans, mix to coat. Let marinate for at least an hour before serving at room temperature or slightly warm.