Intern - Web Production
We are seeking summer 2013 interns. (Internships March through May 2013 are no longer available).
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write Web Production Intern in your subject line and cover letter)
This is an unpaid intern position, approximately 12-15 hours per week.Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. We are flexible on the days of the week and the times of the shifts. End date is also flexible but we require a minimum time commitment of 3 months.
KCTS 9 is the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, reaching over 2 million viewers weekly in Washington and British Columbia. Located in the heart of Seattle at Seattle Center, KCTS 9 improves the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that informs, involves and inspires.
KCTS 9 is seeking a Web Production Intern to prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system (Drupal). KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances KCTS 9’s brand and expands KCTS 9’s presence 24/7; our users depend on it for timely content and on-demand videos.
Intern will gain hands-on web production experience – including video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro; graphics preparation with Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator; page formatting with HTML and CSS; exposure to SEO best practices, content strategy, interaction design, and Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publish and maintain timely content (text, images, and videos) to KCTS9.org
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro
- Work with Interactive Staff to improve user experience
- Research various topics in preparation for upcoming projects
- High School diploma or GED required
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an educational degree program
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills required
- Comfortable working with Macs and PCs
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of image editors (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator) a plus
- Working knowledge of video editing a plus
- Interest and familiarity with KCTS 9 content and Public Media preferred