Intern - Web Production
Qualified candidates please apply online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11341171
Application Deadline: Tuesday December 30, 2014
KCTS 9 is the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, reaching over 2 million viewers weekly in Washington and British Columbia. Located in the heart of Seattle at Seattle Center, KCTS 9 improves the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that informs, involves and inspires.
This is a paid intern position, 10-15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in January or February, 2015. Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. KCTS 9 office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. We are flexible on the days of the week and the times of the shifts. KCTS 9 located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109 and online at http://www.kcts9.org
KCTS 9 is seeking a Web Production Intern to prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system. Interns may also support Interactive Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances KCTS 9’s brand and expands KCTS 9’s presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and on-demand videos.
Intern will gain hands-on web production experience including proofing text and prepping graphic and video assets for online publishing; using Drupal content management system; page formatting with HTML and CSS; and exposure to SEO best practices, content strategy, interaction design, and Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Publish timely content (pages, videos, images, text) to KCTS9.org
2. Publish video to the KCTS YouTube channel and PBS COVE platform
3. Work with Interactive Producers to publish content and build web pages
4. Assist in maintaining and documenting work flows and procedures
5. Log and prep DSLR video footage for editing
6. Compose additional online content as needed (such as videos, photos, text)
7. Complete projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Current enrollment at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
3. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible. Web Design, Communications or related coursework strongly preferred.
4. Minimum GPA of 2.5
5. Receiving school credit for this internship is strongly preferred
6. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
7. Comfortable working with Macs and PCs
9. Working knowledge of image editors (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator) a plus
10. Working knowledge of video editing and DLSR cameras a plus
11. Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills required
12. Interest and familiarity with KCTS 9 content and Public Media preferred