Intern - Web Production
Qualified candidates please apply online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12677531
Application Deadline is April 31, 2015.
This is a paid intern position, 10-15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in April, May or June 2015. Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. KCTS 9 office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. We are flexible on the days of the week and the times of the shifts. KCTS 9 located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
KCTS 9 is seeking a Web Production Intern to prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system. Interns may also support Interactive Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances KCTS 9’s brand and expands KCTS 9’s presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and on-demand videos.
Intern will gain hands-on web production experience including proofing text and prepping graphic and video assets for online publishing; using Drupal content management system; page formatting with HTML and CSS; and exposure to SEO best practices, content strategy, interaction design, and Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Publish timely content (pages, videos, images, text) to KCTS9.org
2. Publish video to the KCTS YouTube channel and PBS COVE platform
3. Work with Interactive Producers to publish content and build web pages
4. Assist in maintaining and documenting work flows and procedures
5. Log and prep DSLR video footage for editing
6. Compose additional online content as needed (such as videos, photos, text)
7. Complete projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor
8. Take the initiative on assignments as needed
9. Assume personal and professional responsibility for actions and activities
10. Maintain professional relationships with staff, members, viewers and vendors
11. Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects
12. Relate and apply knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the internship
13. Prepare for and utilize training opportunities offered by KCTS
14. Provide supervisor with periodic progress reports
15. Actively participating in weekly check-in meetings with supervisor
16. Actively participating in final internship evaluation meeting
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Current enrollment at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
3. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible. Web Design, Communications or related coursework strongly preferred.
4. Minimum GPA of 2.5
5. Receiving school credit for this internship is strongly preferred
6. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
7. Comfortable working with Macs and PCs
9. Working knowledge of image editors (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator) a plus
10. Working knowledge of video editing and DLSR cameras a plus
11. Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills required
12. Interest and familiarity with KCTS 9 content and Public Media preferred