Intern - Web Production
Application Deadline: September 1, 2015
Qualified candidates please apply online at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=14057241
KCTS 9 is the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, reaching over 2 million viewers weekly in Washington and British Columbia. Located in the heart of Seattle at Seattle Center, KCTS 9 improves the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that inspires a smarter world.
We are seeking fall 2015 and winter 2016 interns. These are paid intern positions, 10-15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in the fall (Oct. 2015) or in the winter (Jan. 2016). Interns are paid a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500.00 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation, and rent during the internship. KCTS 9 office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. KCTS 9 located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109 and online at http://www.kcts9.org
KCTS 9 is seeking a Web Production Intern to prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system and video channels. Interns may also support Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances KCTS 9’s brand and expands KCTS 9’s presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and on-demand videos.
Intern will gain hands-on web production experience including prepping text, video, and graphics for online publishing; using Drupal content management system; Web page formatting with HTML and CSS; and exposure to SEO best practices, content strategy, interaction design, and Google Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Publish timely content (pages, videos, images, text) to KCTS9.org
2. Publish video to the KCTS YouTube channel and PBS COVE platform
3. Work with Producers and Web publishing staff to publish content online and build web pages for stories and special projects
4. Assist in maintaining daily and weekly content publishing calendars
5. Log and prep DSLR video footage for editing
6. Compose additional online content as needed (such as videos, photos, text)
7. Complete projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Current enrollment at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
3. Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible. Web Design, Communications or related coursework strongly preferred.
4. Minimum GPA of 2.5. Transcripts to be provided prior to start of internship.
5. Receiving school credit for this internship is strongly preferred
6. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
7. Comfortable working with Macs and PCs
8. Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills
10. Working knowledge of image editors (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator) a plus
11. Working knowledge of video editing and DLSR cameras a plus
12. Interest and familiarity with KCTS 9 content and Public Media preferred