Intern - Production
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write Production Intern in your subject line and cover letter)
This is an unpaid intern position, approximately 15 hours per week.Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. We are flexible on the days of the week and the times of the shifts. End date is also flexible but we require a minimum time commitment of 3 months. We are located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
KCTS 9 is the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, reaching over 2 million viewers weekly in Washington and British Columbia. Located in the heart of Seattle at Seattle Center, KCTS 9 improves the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that informs, involves and inspires.
Join our team to work on local productions as well as KCTS 9 special reports. You can see examples of our productions such as PIE at KCTS9.org. Everyone has an opinion about what makes the Pacific Northwest a unique place to live. KCTS 9 explores those ideas in our weekly series PIE. Like its name, the series will be unexpected and unpredictable. PIE will feature the richness and diversity of the people, places, events and culture of the Northwest, including Canada’s Pacific Coast. PIE episodes have several segments incorporating art, music, technology, interviews, history--a savory mix of media topped off with a sprinkling of the quirkiness that is our heritage.
Provide support to a team of producers in story conception, development, research and production.
Intern will be involved from pre-production to post-production and work directly with the Producers, Editors, and Photographers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research various arts & culture, public affairs and journalism related topics
- Greet guests and talent, assist with their needs
- Locate and catalogue archive footage and photographs
- Log tapes of interviews
- Assist with field shoots as needed
- Edit interviews for the internet
- Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearance, and the basics of fair use law
- Research and write web content for shows
- High School diploma or GED
- Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school required
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in conducting internet research, including archival searches required
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, and communication skills required
- Curiosity and familiarity with the Pacific Northwest, current events, and arts & culture strongly preferred