Intern - Content Coordination
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please write Content Coordination Intern in your subject line and cover letter)
This is an unpaid intern position, approximately 10-15 hours per week. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. We are flexible on the days of the week but prefer a minimum time commitment of 2 days per week. The end date is flexible but we require a minimum time commitment of 3 months. KCTS 9 is located at 401 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
KCTS 9 is the largest public television station in the Pacific Northwest, reaching over 2 million viewers weekly in Washington and British Columbia. Located in the heart of Seattle at Seattle Center, KCTS 9 improves the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing meaningful programming on air, online and in the community that informs, involves and inspires. KCTS9.org is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances KCTS 9’s brand and expands KCTS 9’s presence 24/7; our users depend on it for timely content online and on-demand.
KCTS 9 is seeking a Content Coordination Intern to catalog content, make recommendations for content reuse in new site templates and create new content under the direction of KCTS 9 Interactive staff.
Intern will be involved from pre-production to post-production and work directly with the Producers, Editors, and Photographers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to KCTS 9’s content strategy through content analysis and cataloging
- Research various topics in preparation for interviews
- Log tapes of interviews
- Assist with field shoots as needed
- Edit interviews for the internet
- Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearance, and the basics of fair use law
- High School diploma or GED
- Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school required
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience with content planning, online analytics, or information design preferred
- Interest in KCTS 9 content and/or Public Broadcasting
- Exuberant attitude
- Willing to pitch in and help with all duties surrounding Web and TV production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment